Friday, July 4, 2014

Patriotic Paint Splashed Nails DIY


 

 
This weeks DIY project is a patriotic version of the "paint splashed" nail look. It's super easy, creative and even a little messy. If you like to make messes like me. ;)
 



   Lay down some news paper or white printing paper because this is going to get messy!
  Start off with a clean, white coat of nail polish. I usually put on two coats so that it doesn't look translucent. Also, I'm pretty messy when I paint my nails most of the time, I tend to apply too much and then go back and fix it with nail polish remover later. But you can always be neater if you like. ;)


 Once they're dry, take your red nail polish and dab a drop or two onto some paper. Grab a straw and cut it in half. Dip one end of the straw into the polish...


 
 
 
And blow! Depending on how much polish you use initially you may need to dip the straw again. I used a heavier amount of red polish during this phase, lighter amounts look attractive too though.
 
 
Some I've seen do this use tape on their fingers so that they get a clean coat. I don't mind being messy though, like I said before. You can decide how you want to do yours, based on how much time you want to spend on it.
 
 
Then just do the same with the blue. When your through either take off the tape or use nail polish remover to take off the excess polish.

And voila! After the paint dries you've got some perfect, patriotic nails!
 

This is a great way to accent any Independence Day outfit because all three colors are involved. 
 
Thanks for checking out my blog and stay tuned for more DIY Friday posts every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment